Volunteers are at the heart of what we do. Come join our team! Apply now – click https://form.jotform.com/232422411916044 to apply online or get in touch for more information firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01324 263700.
Lock-keepers have been working on Scotland’s Canals for hundreds of years, and it’s no different now! We’d like to welcome you on board our dedicated volunteer lock-keeping team.
On the Forth and Clyde Canal, Go Forth and Clyde manage the Falkirk locks between Lock 3 (The Kelpies) and Lock 20 (Banknock). A dedicated team of volunteer lock-keepers help us assist boaters through the locks, welcome visitors, look after the canal, and maintain the historic locks – some of which are very old indeed!
We’re always on the look out for new volunteers and the team is ready to welcome you canal-side and show you the ropes! Our season runs from March to October, though the summer months are our busiest times.
What we offer
- A unique volunteering experience with both social, practical and physical aspects.
- Required PPE and equipment, and a knowledgeable team to support you.
- The chance to develop friendships, skills and knowledge working with other members of the local community who stay on and around the canals.
What we need
- Ideally you can give at least one day per week commitment over the summer season, though would be happy to chat with you about what time you have.
- You should have a relative level of fitness to deal with cycling the towpaths and using the windlass/ opening locks.
To find out more drop Robert an email at email@example.com. Don’t forget to leave your contact details.
Volunteer Bike Mechanic
Do you love bikes? Would you like to learn new bike repaire and maintenance skills to help other people cycle?
We are looking for volunteers to help in our Bike Repair and Maintenance Group. This group
-Services bikes belonging to in the community
-Renovates Dontated Bikes to give to people who could not have one otherwise
-Maintains the fleet of bikes used by our team of volunteer lock keepers
Training will be given but we are particularly looking for people who already have some interest in bikes.
Committed volunteers will be given the opportunity to work towards certified Bike Mechanic Training.