We are excited to announce more free training for Outdoor Activity Leaders in Partnership with Scottish Canals.
These trainings will take place at the Falkirk Wheel, participants can sign up to each course or just one.
These are all free to Particpants, funded by the Community Renewal Fund
To register follow this link https://forms.office.com/r/e6j8wYzUYZ
If you have any questions please email Jocelyn.firstname.lastname@example.org or text/call 07497 159059.
If you or someone you know needs a paper form please get in touch we’ll get one to you if we can.
Some more info for you below:
Cycle Leader Training
The Cycle Ride Leader award is from Cycling Scotland an provides an introduction to leading groups on risk assessed and organised bike rides during daylight hours. It enables leaders to plan and organise rides within an organisation, community group or club. You can find more information about this here: https://www.cyclinghub.scot/course/cycle-ride-leader–assistant-cycle-ride-leader.
Velotech Bronze Bike Mechanic Training
This is Provided by Cycleform. The Bronze foundation course is suitable for inexperienced individuals aiming to start working towards becoming a cycle mechanic, or who just want to enhance their bike skills for personal use. It is suitable for, outdoor activity instructors, teachers, bike project workers, and family members, amongst others, who look after bikes. We teach you how to inspect and sign off any bike as being up to British standard. This is the foundation course for those aiming to formalise their bicycle mechanics experience. You can find more information about this here: https://www.cycleform.co.uk/velotech-training/
First Aid for Mental Health
Health is provided by MHScot Workplace Wellness CIC, on this course you will learn:
- What mental health is, why people develop mental health conditions and the role of a First Aider for Mental Health
- How to provide support and start a conversation with someone experiencing poor mental health
- How to recognise and manage stress
- How to recognise a range of mental health conditions and behaviours
- The impact of substance abuse on mental health
- The First Aid Action Plan for mental health and how to put one in place
- How to implement a positive mental health culture in the workplace
You can find more information about this here: https://www.mentalhealthscot.land/first-aid-for-mental-health-online-courses/first-aid-for-mental-health-level-2/